I Did It Because
How A Poem HappensBook - 2006
"[Loris Lesynski] will be joining the ranks of Lee, Prelutsky, and Silverstein." --Sam Sebesta, author and Professor Emeritus, Children's Literature,University of Washington
Got a passion for poetry? Are you primed to rhyme? Word whiz Loris Lesynski shows you how it's done in this unique collection that blends "best of" with "how to". Inside you'll find over 30 Lesynski favorites alongside advice for kids on creating poems.
In nine snappy sections, Lesynski features different ways a poem can take shape. Rhymes like "Dirty Dog Boogie" came from a catchy beat. Other ideas emerged from playing with words, as in "Mozza Mozza".
Further sections include:
* Preparing for Poems -- warm-ups for the mouth and the brain
* Me Me Me Me -- rhymes that start with you
* What I'd Like to Know -- poems that pose questions
* How Illustrations Happen -- providing pictures for poems
* Writning Bolts -- further activities for aspiring rhymers
Bursting with Michael Martchenko's vivid illustrations and packed with over 20 pages of all-new material by Lesynski, "I Did It Because ..." is a playground of poetry where readers are invited to play along.